Chris and Rollo

Chris and Rollo

Saturday, April 17, 2010

THROUGH MY OWN EYE BACKWARDLY

Through my own eye
Backwardly thrust from brain to heart
Inwardly peering toward my life's star
The forgotten years cry
That I have yet to find
The bridge that spans the altruistic act
And the sadder and incontestable fact
That I care not for my own kind
Without a complaint to lodge
In any court or common rule the offender heeds
In everyday discourse ‘tis more his mindless need
That causes right be dodged.
That virtue needs to suffer
So in the shadow of grim purposes abstract,
Strange partnerships malign in unholy contract
Seems still I cannot buffer
Myself with thoughts of fond
Remembrance, trust in actions well intended
When contradiction places beliefs suspended
And my doubt I fail to reach beyond.

© Celeste Plowden 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment